Continuum Marks 5-Year Milestone in Delivering Leading IT Management Services to MSPs and Their SMB Clients
BOSTON – Sept. 26, 2016 – Continuum®, the only channel-exclusive IT management platform company, reached a milestone today, celebrating the five-year anniversary of the company. Continuum started in 2011 when Summit Partners, a global growth equity firm, acquired industry leading remote monitoring and management (RMM) and network operations center (NOC) technologies. Continuum has grown to a company that monitors more than 1 million endpoints for its 5,800 partners, including MSPs servicing more than 60,000 SMB customers and web hosting providers protecting more than 250,000 servers worldwide with Continuum’s R1Soft® Server Backup Manager.
“Small, entrepreneurially driven businesses are the growth engine of our economy, and their IT needs are getting more critical to the business and more complex, putting immense pressure on the MSPs that serve them,” said Michael George, CEO at Continuum. “Our integrated services delivery platform and model is enabling MSPs to succeed and grow in ways never imagined. Five years later, with the strength that comes from over 1,300 talented people in five major offices around the globe, Continuum has become the fastest growing IT Management Platform provider in the world. We are experiencing extraordinary growth in the size and impact of our channel and in the economic success of our partners.”
Company milestones include:
- 2011 – Launched company when Summit Partners acquired industry leading RMM and NOC technologies
- 2012 – Established Continuum Veterans Foundation, a nonprofit organization providing financial support to charities that focus on helping veterans find jobs in IT, donating more than $200,000 to Hire Heroes USA
- 2013 – Doubled size of Network Operations Center (NOC) capacity with move to new facility in Mumbai
- 2014 – Acquired R1Soft, investing in leading cloud-based backup and continuous data protection technology
- 2014 – Inaugural industry event: Navigate 2014 with 400 attendees in Boston
- 2014 – Opened European headquarters office in the Thames Valley region of England
- 2015 – Launched Continuity247™, a fully managed backup platform built with the company’s proven R1Soft backup technology, specifically for MSPs
- 2016 – Expanded international offering with new data center in London, making its BDR platform available to managed IT services providers across Europe
Additionally, Continuum’s industry-leading NOC is now supported by more than 700 technicians and Help Desk operation comprises more than 200 technicians. Continuum University, the company’s self-paced, interactive online learning center, has issued more than 1,500 specialty certifications in various disciplines, and there are more than 1,400 Continuum Certified IT Experts to-date. This week, Continuum is hosting its third annual user conference, Navigate 2016, drawing nearly 700 attendees with nearly 40 sponsors and exhibitors and more than 70 speakers across 36 breakout sessions.
The company is commemorating the occasion with celebrations in each of its five offices spanning three continents – corporate headquarters in Boston, European headquarters in London, and offices in Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania; Houston, Texas and Mumbai, India.